The American Dehydrators Association was chartered in August, 1941. The name was changed to American Alfalfa Processors Association (AAPA) in 1984.
On May 1, 2001, the AAPA merged with the American Feed Industry Association (AFIA) and became the AFIA-Alfalfa Processors Council.
The AFIA Alfalfa Processors Council folded and the Nebraska Alfalfa Dehydrators Association was formed.
Alfalfa that has been dehydrated and compressed into pellets, cubes, meal or similar forms makes an excellent feed and also an excellent natural fertilizer. Alfalfa dehy is:
- High-quality alfalfa grown specifically for feed.
- Guaranteed protein levels ¬ 15%, 17% and 20%.
- Field fresh vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- Beta carotene, Rumen By-Pass protein.
- Maximum feed value in an easy-to-handle form.
- Consistent quality ¬ each load, every load.
- Low moisture content for less shrink, less dust loss and more feed value than bales stacks or ground hay.
- All natural feed.